Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wizard 101 Stats/bonuses

The point of this here post is to provide information about the stats/bonuses you can find on equipment.
Every piece of equipment you find will have at least one bonus. The generic equipment you find will have one or two bonuses, while boss-drop equipment will usually have four different bonuses.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The Bonuses are:

Health-
Adds a flat amount of health to your pool. The more health you have, the longer it will take enemies to KO you.
(found on hats, robes, shoes, rings and daggers)

Mana-
Adds a flat amount of mana to your pool. The more mana you have, the longer you can go before you need to refill.
(found on rings and daggers / also found clothing in Grizzleheim)

Power Pip Chance-
Adds a flat amount to your percent chance to get a Power Pip. Having a higher Power Pip chance speeds up your casting and makes battles go faster.
(found on hats, robes, shoes, rings and daggers)

Added Pip/Power Pip-
Adds a free pip/power pip to your ring at the start of each battle.
(found on wand/staves starting in Marleybone/Mooshu)

Accuracy-
Adds to the accuracy of your spells and therefore decrease the number of fizzles (in theory).
(found on hats, robes and shoes)

Added Damage-
Comes in two flavors: a flat amount and a percentage. Flat damage is only found in Wizard City and percentage starts showing up in Krokotopia. The max is, at this time, around 30%, it really depends on the school. The damage is either school specific or generic.
(found on hats, robes and shoes)

Resistance-
Allows you to ignore a percentage of damage dealt to you. The resistance is either school specific or generic.
(found on hats, robes and shoes)

Add Spell-
Adds one or two of a spell to your deck. Allows you to supplement your deck in areas you may be lacking. Can be pretty much any card in the game.
(before the end of the game, they can be only found on wands/staves, pets and necklaces.

Outgoing Healing-
Increases the amount healed by spells you cast. Can also work with Incoming Healing.
(AFAIK, only found on rings)

Incoming Healing-
Increases the amount healed by spells cast on you. Can also work with Outgoing Healing.
(AFAIK, only found on rings)

FYI: I omitted Crowns gear from the listing, because they sort of bend the rules.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Assuming you get every boss-drop for your school you don't need to be picky, but the world doesn't always work that way. What bonuses do you look for in an item?
I like to get battles over quick, so I look for +damage and Power Pip chance.

5 comments:

  1. Since my main wizard is storm, I look for Accuracy + HP.

    By the way, I have seen some clothing with +mana added on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it gear that drops or was it Crowns gear?
    Anyways, it's good to know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my Ice GM I went mainly for power pips (80% total) and resist all (20%).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen it in the Grizzy shop. Hat I believe. Can't be sure, and until I can renew my subscription, I can't find out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the Grizz Commons unlocked on my Access pass, so I'll go check later.

    ReplyDelete