Sunday, July 19, 2009

A trip to the Zoo and Pirates

So, I went to the zoo yesterday and took lots of pictures. A bunch of them came out quite well and I think this one is one of the best.

Now, this brings me back to the title of my post. Wizard 101 has a lot of great stuff in it but it's missing two important things: Monkeys (yes, I do realize gorillas aren't monkeys) and pirates (we have ninjas already, so where are the pirates). So to kill two birds with one stone, KI needs to introduce Monkey (and Great Ape) Pirates.
So, who's with me?

(disclaimer: I do think pirates should be added to W101 in time, but really I'm just being silly about the monkey part.)

That aside, I think a sea/island world would be pretty interesting. We've had Egypt and Turn-of-the-century London, a weird mix-up of Chinese, Japanese and possibly other Asian cultures and a fantasy styled norse/viking world. Wizard City and Dragonspyre seem pretty original to me. And Maybe we've got Celestia coming, which with it's Gobblers and fairies and witches sounds like it may have a fairy tale vibe to it. So, a South Seas/spanish main based world would, IMO, fit in pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Pirates? Well, we have those skeletal pirates, but I understand what you are saying. A nice pirate/tortuga based world would be fun. I'm a huge pirate fan, so of course, I'm all for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, there's skeletal pirates so they must have come from somewhere.

    ReplyDelete